UPDATE [12.12.19]: MOU Implementation Dates
[December 12, 2019] In addition to the one-time cash payouts being disseminated, we have a few follow-up updates for you:
- ONE-TIME CASH PAYOUT: Checks (in most work locations) were distributed on December 11, 2019 as previously confirmed. Contact EAA if (1) you did NOT receive a check but believe that you should have OR (2) you received a check, but believe you were underpaid.
- TERMINATION of MEDICAL PREMIUM CONTRIBUTIONS: Beginning January 1, 2020, the payroll deduction for medical premium contributions stops; this will be reflected in your January 15, 2020 paychecks.
- NEXT COLA: Another COLA of 2.75% is effective January 19, 2020, this will be reflected in your February 12, 2020 paychecks.
- RETRO CHECKS for the October 28, 2018 COLA (2.9%): Still no precise date but after January 31, 2020.
[November 21, 2019] The most recent news we have received from the City Controller is:
- ONE-TIME CASH PAYOUT: Payment is confirmed for December 11, 2019 [non-payday].
- NEXT COLA: The next scheduled cost-of-living adjustment (+2.75%) is effective January 19, 2020 and will be reflected in your February 12, 2020 paychecks.
- RETRO CHECKS: The retroactive payments for the 2.9% COLA (for the period October 28, 2018 to October 12, 2019) will be issued “during the first quarter of 2020” which we interpret as being some time after January 30, 2020.
- SPECIAL ADJUSTMENTS (effective July 7, 2019/others effective August 14, 2019 i.e. the increased Bi-Lingual Premium): These are being implemented by the hiring departments – please check with your department and keep your assigned EAA Labor Rep informed of any further changes.
[October 23, 2019] We now have a formal confirmation of the following:
- The 2.9% COLA will be added to the PP 9 paychecks on November 6th.
- The 15-step to 12-step conversion will also be implemented and reflected on the November 6th paychecks.
- The one-time non-pensionable cash payout is still scheduled for December 11th.
[October 11, 2019] We have been receiving many questions about the implementation dates for the salary increases/cash payout we earned in our new MOU’s. Note that neither EAA nor the CAO (nor any City union) controls the speed of payroll processing. Only the Controller’s Office is in charge of that. That said, here is the most recent information regarding implementation dates:
- 2.9% Salary Increase – Scheduled for the 10/23/19 paychecks; failing that, 11/06/19.
- Retro Checks for the 2.9% Increase (effective 10/28/18) – Once the 2.9% is added into paychecks, the retro amounts will be calculated and retro checks issued (possibly in December, but likely in January).
- Cash Payouts – Scheduled as a separate check for 12/11/19 (non-payday).
- Special Adjustments – For those special adjustments/pay-grade advancements with effective date 07/07/19, TBD. Expected by 12/18/19.
If we receive more precise implementation information from the CAO following this date, we will post that information here on the EAA website as well as on EAA’s network of social media channels. We have another salary increase (2.75%) coming in January 2020!