Thank you for your interest in EAA membership. Please follow the instructions below.
- You are employed by the City of Los Angeles.
- You are employed in a Civil Service (or exempt) classification covered by one of the following Memoranda of Understanding (MOU).
Click the links to view agreements:
MOU 1 Administrative Unit
MOU 19 Supervisory Technical Unit
MOU 21 Technical Unit
If you are eligible, please continue.
EAA benefits include:
- Wage and benefits package in place through July 1, 2016.
- A dues rate of 0.8% which is the lowest of any City union. This is the identical rate you pay as a “Fair Share” payer.
- EAA’s comprehensive dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture plan is available for members only.
- Members have a voice in union affairs, ensured by the rights guaranteed in EAA’s Constitution and By-Laws.
- Members can run for an elected office in the next election. No length of membership requirement.
- Members can learn to be an on-the-job representative for the Union to advocate for your co-workers. No length of membership requirement.
- Only members can vote on your next contract and other issues important to you in the workplace. There is no length of membership requirement to vote.
- Education about your rights and how your Union can ensure you are treated fairly in the workplace is available for members.
- Additional benefits provided by IBEW Local 11. View Benefits of Affiliation with IBEW Local 11.
So what are you waiting for? Take advantage of this opportunity now!