Executive Director’s Message: June 2019
Negotiations have been completed and a tentative agreement (TA) has reached with the CAO.
I am pleased to report that every issue of importance and applicable to all MOUs were successfully negotiated and that we have an agreement or a LOI for 86% of issues specific to job classifications in a particular MOU.
You asked for and we delivered!!!
- 11.15% in COLA’s
- Reduction in Salary Steps
- ELIMINATION of your 10% contribution of the City’s subsidy for medical benefits
- ELMINATION of the restrictions on overtime
- A one-time cash payment to all EAA members (equivalent to 1.4%)
- An additional, one time, floating holiday, for 2020
Plus a number of enhancements to your contracts, new language and benefits and not one take away. (Check out the website for additional details)
Ratification meeting were held and well attended at EAA offices on
- Wednesday, June 12th at 12:00pm
- Wednesday, June 12th at 5:00pm
- Thursday, June 13th at 12:00pm
- Thursday, June 13th at 5:00pm
- Saturday, June 15th at 10:00am
- Saturday, June 15th at 12:00pm
- Saturday, June 15th at 2:00pm
Ballots were mailed on June 12th and are due to the AAA post office box no later than 8am, Thursday, June 27th. You must be an EAA dues-paying member to vote. Membership applications and a ballot are available at EAA offices for anyone that is currently not an EAA dues-paying member.
It is important that I once again reiterate what has been sent to all members in an email blast and posted in several ways on the website you must sign your name in the space provided in the left hand corner of the return envelope. No signature – no vote.
The LA City Executive Employee Relations Committee (EERC) has approved the Tentative Agreement (TA). Once ratified by the membership the TA will be forwarded to the City Council Personnel and Animal Welfare Committee for approval and then off to the full City Council for approval.
I want to acknowledge and thank all Unit Council members for MOU 1, 19, 20, and 21 for their dedication and hard work in preparation for these negotiations, the entire negotiating team for their input and support and a special thanks to Senior Labor Rep, Marleen Fonseca for everything she did in making these negotiations a success and for making my job easier. She is a tremendous asset to EAA and should be appointed as Executive Director when I no longer fill the position.