A Unit Council Member is a voluntary dues-paying member of an EAA represented unit who is elected to serve a three (3) year term. Each EAA MOU (1, 19, 20 and 21) has a five-seat Unit Council that serves as the policy-making group for the unit and helps facilitate communication between the membership, Governors and EAA Staff.
EAA Unit Council Members are responsible for:
- Assisting Unit Governor and Staff in determining disposition of issues effecting the unit.
- Gathering and compiling data on issues.
- Receiving negotiating proposals and offering changes from information gathered.
- Serving on committees as appointed.
- Determining policies and procedures for the unit.