Thank you for your interest in EAA membership. Please follow the instructions below.
You are eligible to be a member of EAA if you meet the following criteria:
- You are employed by the City of Los Angeles and:
- Are employed in a Civil Service classification covered by one of the following Memoranda of Understanding (MOU):
- MOU 1 Administrative Unit
- MOU 19 Supervisory Technical Unit
- MOU 20 Supervisory Administrative Unit
- MOU 21 Technical Rank and File Unit
- MOU 31 Confidential Attorneys
If you are eligible, please continue.
Why should I become a member?
EAA benefits include:
- Wage and benefits package in place through July 1, 2013.
- A dues rate that is the lowest of any City union. This is the identical rate you pay as a "Fair Share" payer.
- EAA"s comprehensive dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture plan is available for members only.
- Members have a voice in union affairs, ensured by the rights guaranteed in EAA"s Constitution and By-Laws.
- Members can run for an elected office in the next election. No length of membership requirement.
- Members can learn to be an on-the-job representative for the Union to advocate for your co-workers. No length of membership requirement.
- Only members can vote on your next contract and other issues important to you in the workplace. There is no length of membership requirement to vote.
- Education in your rights and how your Union can ensure you are treated fairly in the workplace is available for members.
So what are you waiting for? Take advantage of this opportunity now!
- This submittal will direct EAA to send you a dues authorization card, which must be signed and returned to the Union before your membership can be effective.
- Your valid original signature on the dues card is the only authorization for membership that is recognized by the City of Los Angeles. The card must be the exact size, shape, and weight of paper for their files. The City will not accept electronic authorization.
- EAA will submit your dues card to the City Controller's office.